Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life in General

Life since I lasted posted has been full...
I bought my ticket for my sisters wedding which cost almost as much as my weekly paycheck. ouch. And I am only staying two nights instead of seven nights. BIG difference and so sad since I won't be able to spend quality time with my sister. I miss her and wish her back home, but that's just whining on my part and something that won't happen.
::::

My brother's girlfriend graduated from high school this past weekend. She is a beautiful girl, quiet and sweet and I hope someday she'll be a permanent part of our family. ;)

Sonia, Steph and I

Congratulations, Steph!

::::

I have been reading and reading and reading. I love books. I collect them and can't part with a book even if I didn't like it! I read The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter and fell in love with her writing! I loved it so much, I bought a copy and mailed it to my sister. Denise Hunter has an incredible pen and her stories are right out of my head and onto paper. So good and a must read. Not only was it romantic, but the story had a double meaning that touched me so much. How great is the love of God...

Another one I am now reading and probably will be done by the time I post this, A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers. This book has been out for over ten years and I'm barely getting to it. So brutal and a little to real at times. The way our world can relate to the days when Rome was at it's worst is mind boggling. Where have we gone? How could we let so much slip through our moral strainer? Pure junk. Thank the Lord this life is just the dressing room for a greater life to come. Whew... that book really stirred me up. Not only is it true to history but it's has a romantic story that pulls at your heart strings.
*Update: I did finish the book before I posted and I cried. I really cried. Heart wrenching ending that brought to life the brutal history. I picked up the second book in the series, Echo in the Darkness, which my sister in law got for me at a thrift story (best place to buy books) and went to bed WAY too late last night. I'll write about that one when I finish it. Again, this book is incredible and a must read for all Christian Fiction lovers. Stirs the soul and awakens the spirit.

::::

Lastly, My brother and sister-in-law got a fur ball. Her name is Lola and she is a feisty Maltipoo. This is her official introduction on the Daily Bee. She is not Tiffany, not like I was comparing, but she is a good distraction and addition to the family. We love her already.


How cute is that face?

2 comments:

Becky said...

I totally looooved those books. Denise's book, the Francine Rivers series (soooo apropo to our times, sadly). You will LOVE the ending of that series.

The Daily Bee said...

I finished book 2, sigh, I loved it. Now to buy book 3.