Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fabulous Friday is Here!


I missed last weeks Fabulous Friday but caught this Friday's.

Danielle at Well, That's Just Fabulous started this fun Friday routine. If you want to join, click the above button and add your name to the list.

I have so many that I can list but here are the top 4 fab treats that I enjoy during the summer.

Mocha Smoothies- When at California Adventure, I love stopping over at Schmoozie's in "Hollywood". The best mocha smoothies can be found here. I couldn't get a picture of the actual smoothie, but here is the little stand that is usually packed.

Nut n' Honey smoothie- Oh.So.Good. I've made this several times and still can't get enough of it. Last Summer, the Rachel Ray mag had a section for shakes/smoothies and this was one that was listed. All the other Fab Summer Treats I mention can only be tried if you live locally, but this one you can do at home. And you really must because it's that good.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey (I usually add a little more)
1 1/2 cups ice cubes
Directions:
Using a blender, mix the almonds, milk, peanut butter and honey on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the ice cubes and blend until slushy, about 15 seconds.


Pistachio Gelato - Everyone knows that I eat Gelato year round. There's this little place in Orange County that makes the BEST Gelato. Fresh daily. Look at this picture and tell me if you can resist?

Italian Ice - I am not a big fan of Italian Ice. This little stand close to Disneyland has been open for a couple of summers and I went for the first time last weekend. I now found a bad addiction. The ice cream and ice is scrumptious!

Did I mention that I love summer? Beaches, sunshine, picnics, vacations... Summer couldn't come fast enough this year.


ALSO - If you're interested in a really awesome giveaway. Click on the below button and ENTER to win a Standard blog makeover OR stationary designed by the...




I hope I win. Okaaaay, I hope you win too. Let's just all WIN together! :)

3 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Next time I go to CA Adventure I'm going to have to get a smoothie. It's always so hard for me to find anything to eat at Disneyland (other than churros!).

Have you had a pineapple dole whip? They sell them at Disneyland outside the Tiki Room. They are DELICIOUS.

Now I really want to go to Disneyland. Hehe.

Have a great weekend!

Danielle

Danielle Moss said...

Oh! And thanks for mentioning my giveaway!

Mel said...

Thanks for the recipe for the Nut N Honey smoothie..sounds delicious! Have to try it!

Oh...and I have an award waiting for you! :) Check it out!