Friday, April 11, 2008

I Wanna... I Don't Wanna

I am reading a book that is really good, The Will of Wisteria, yet I can't seem to find the time to pick it up and read! Not for lack of time, but for lack of interest. I have Blue Heart Blessed, still boxed, at home... and it's calling my name. I can hear it and it's pulling me in... Should I give in and forget about the books that I did not pick but I am supposed to be reading? Should I do what I want to do and forget obligations? So far I am turning out to be a stinky judge.

::

Tomorrow my Mom, Aunts, and I will be picnicking at my Grandma's grave. Weird? A little, I guess. I haven't been to her grave site since the funeral. Not sure how that will be since it's hard enough sometimes with just the memory of her. A grave is just a holding place for something left behind. Nothing more. Yet, somehow you feel closer to the person, knowing that what you knew, looks and touch wise, is there. This should be interesting, weird and a little difficult.

::

My sister-in-law and I are on this strict "eating right" path. We've decided that we need some more energy, so we made up our minds this week to better our eating habits. So far this week has been empty, hungry bellys and whining. Lots of whining. "I want this" "I want a burger" "I want that" "I want cheese" "I want fries". We whine to each other all day. All day.

We were walking on our break yesterday afternoon and this was a conversation we had. Not a smart conversation, but a normal one for us.

Me: Ouch, my sheen hurts.

Her: Sheen? Don't you mean shen?

Me: Hahaha, did I say sheen? I mean't to say shin

Her: No, shen.

Me: No, shin. Do you hear yourself? You said shen when it's sheen. Wait, no, It's shin.

Her: I didn't say shen, you said sheen

Me: No, you said shen

Her: I did?

5 comments:

Becky said...

Loved that convo, lol.

I loved the book Blue Heart Blessed. The main character in there could be you, with your ebay side business.

I'd be reading into the wee hours with all those good books, lol.

Katybug said...

Deb, you are a HOOT!!! And I TOTALLY get your dilemma! An acquaintance lent me a book in November. Have I touched it? Nope. :-(

I think you will be glad you went on the picnic. Yes, it does sound odd, and yes, it is just a holding place for her body while her soul is with the Lord. It might be pretty therapeutic for you, however. I actually wrote a letter to my grandfather after he passed away and went and read it "to him" at his grave. It was very good for me to get some things off my chest that I should've dealt with before he passed on. Even if all you have to do at your grandmother's grave is remember, it will be a lovely time. Do remember to take kleenex, however! ;-) I'll be praying for your time there tomorrow. Do let me know how it goes.

Jenster said...

LOL on your conversation. I think we would get along in real life GREAT!

I don't think picnicking on your grandmother's grave is weird at all. I think it's wonderful.

You've been tagged for a meme!

Shauna said...

LOL! Great conversation!

I think it's great that your picnicking at your Grandmother's grave. Funny how our loved ones can seem closer there, eh?

angela said...

I know what you mean about the book thing. I have three books that I'm supposed to be reviewing, but instead I read all of STEALING ADDA in 24-hours.

As for your diet (because you want more energy), I recommend Jus. It's a new product that gives you more energy that coffee, but it's made from berries and stuff. It's new to the market and the antioxident levels are over double any other drink on the market. I've heard amazing stories--will be buying some soon. I just thought I'd share since Jus is from Boise and most people haven't heard of it yet.