Monday, April 21, 2008

Down 2 Earth aka D2E


I am going to brag for a minute or two... My brother, Peter, is in an awesome band, Down to Earth. He's always loved music and tried to get a band started more than once. I remember in high school he had a band called the Puffs. All the guys wore Afro wigs, why? I have no idea but it was popular with the girls, I guess that's what they were aiming for.

Now he has the real deal. He sings very good, sometimes it boggles my mind. He is an outstanding song writer and musician. He has been playing the drums since he was four and the acoustic guitar since he was... 20 or somewhere around there. Never professionally trained yet he has won several drum contest.

On Friday night he was in charge of the music for a crusade that we have for our local churches in Los Angeles County and Orange County. I was scared to death for him, not knowing how it was going to turn out. Our first practice, I sang with the group, was a few days before the actual event. Hearing the music and singing you would think we sang together before, but this was the first time. God had his hand on us and the band and I knew that something great was going to come of it.


Friday night rolled around and service begin with the band singing and playing first then the singers joining in. We sang, Rescue by Desperation Band, Say So and I Know Who I Am by Israel and New Breed, Blessed Be Your Name by Newsboys, and Word of God Speak by Mercy Me.

God moved in that place and touched so many people and opened the door for the preaching by Rev. Lee Stoneking. It was so awesome. The spirit of unity that was in that place was so thick. It all goes hand in hand, the prayer before service opens the door for worship, worship opens the hearts for the word of God. It was a night when everything came together.
The band will be recording for their demo this weekend, I can't wait to share the sound of their playing and singing. Keep on the lookout for D2E!

6 comments:

Becky said...

That is exciting stuff!

Don't you love how when the Lord is behind an endeavor...BIG things happen? How cool to be part of such a thing!

Jenster said...

Sounds amazing!! You will let us know when we can buy his CD, right??

The Daily Bee said...

I will be sure and let you know when their CD comes out. Hopefully I will get a video soon to post.

Barb said...

Our son plays in a band that's going to Detroit in June to play for a teen ministry's weeklong crusade. He's the only teen in the band, with 4 other married adults. It'll be their first "national" gig, so it's pretty exciting!

Shauna said...

That is an amazing feeling when you can feel the spirit of God moving through the music and in the hearts of the people.

I'm looking forward to hearing your brother sing and play! Keep us posted about the CD release. And I'm anxious for a sample here on your blog.

The Daily Bee said...

Barb - Wow, the only teenager, he must be good! Very exciting!

Shauna - I posted a rough demo of my brother singing...