Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Cabo Shower


(My aunt and cousin, Eileen)

Two weeks ago I threw a shower with family and friends for my cousin, Eileen at my home. She got married this weekend and honeymooning in Cabo. The theme was a honeymoon shower since she didn't want lingerie or home goods. I was racking my brain for an idea to add some Mexican flair and my mom suggested peppers in the centerpieces... what a great idea! I went to a local Mexican food store and bought serano chili's and habeneros and added them to the floral arrangements. I did cupcakes instead of a cake. I like the look better and they are easier! I made the butter cream late Thursday night and nearly left it there unfinished, but pressed on and finally finished it.

Each guest went home with a "love notes" pad and a little box with my peanut butter balls. It was a beautiful night with good food and laughs!

Wedding to be posted soon...

No comments: