Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Backyard Wedding

My cousin Eileen and her long time boyfriend, Frank were married in a small ceremony at my home this past weekend.
::
I made these arrangements last minute, a little frantically. :) The bride was getting her self all spiffed up for her wedding and it dawned on me we had flowers to put together. I threw together five arrangements in 30 minutes. Whooo! It was tight.

Eileen is having a big reception in October, so the ceremony was small and intimate. I was her maid of honor and my sister-in-law Sonia was her bridesmaid.
We had little cones on the back of each chair with rose petals to throw once the ceremony was done and earlier that day we hung up white lights from the trees to brighten it up a bit. By the time I had crawled up and down that ladder a zillion times I was done. Once I realized that I had strung the wrong end and we had no plug to plug in... the tears almost came and then the frantic "What are we going to do now?!" Oh boy. I ended up crawling up and down that ladder again and re-hanging the lights... in addition... this past week was the hottest week in SoCal. Sweaty hot mess. lol
The beautiful bride is five months pregnant and finding a dress was a little difficult... but she ended finding one that my mom altered for her and looked gorgeous!

The wedding party got to wear whatever they wanted, good thing it blended pretty good.

My brother Peter and his wife, Sonia

My cousin and her son, Cristian

Cutting a scrumptious red velvet cake.

They were supposed to be in Cabo today for their honeymoon but the hurricane messed all those plans up. Instead they went into work today... and are planning on booking another honeymoon soon here. Nature's way of throwing a wrench in!



1 comment:

Becky said...

Everything looks BEAUTIFUL! Wow...for a pretty last minute wedding, that looks like y'all have been working on it for MONTHS. Good job, Deb, and congratulations to the happy couple.