Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our
freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. -Abraham Lincoln

It's not easy to forget this day. I was eighteen and freshly out of high school and into my new world as an adult. I felt like I had everything ahead of me. The options were endless!

Then, on the morning of 9-11, sleeping peacefully, the world came crashing down. I was awaken up by my cousin calling, completely out of sorts over the tragedy of the first plane crashing. Who would have thought it could get worse...

My panic stricken mind couldn't comprehend what had happened. Twin Towers? Destroyed? I felt like there was no protection anywhere and the world was coming to an end. I grew up learning and listening to end-time prophecy and was sure this was it. Our lives were changed forever.

My mom got us all together and we headed for the church. When we got there, everyone just sat around and talked and waited for news. I was so fearful and questioned my Pastor about everything I could think of. We watched the news, waiting to hear something good... but it was all bad news.

Fast forward eight years... life isn't as bad as we thought it would be that horrible day. We've all pretty much adjusted to the changes, drastic changes that we don't even notice now. We give more honor to our soldiers fighting for our freedom. We've learned how we truly are the land of the brave and America is the home of the free. Or so we think...

This makes me think of the bondage that really holds America. Our world is turning upside down and freedom can only truly come from One.

I woke up this morning thanking God that I know Him. He knows me. And I am indeed Free. Free from bondage of sin, Free from fear, Free from any enemy that can stand against me.

God is my Freedom. He is your Freedom.

God bless America and the men and women fighting for this great country and the men and women who stand firm and put their lives in God's hands.

No comments: