Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Heart Faces Challenge - Hands On

I was looking at some of the entries and was just overwhelmed with how beautiful hands really are. I have this thing for feet, especially babies feet. I can take pictures of feet all day. I never gave much thought to hands, but after today I definitely will be paying more attention.

I've showed this photo that I took a couple of weeks ago to my regular blog readers, but I couldn't get pass using this one in this weeks challenge.

This was take mere minutes after my niece, Sofia, was born. As you can see in the picture, her daddy is cutting her umbilical cord with one hand and Sofia has a grip on her daddy's other hand. Beautiful. This was one of those shots that I didn't even know I had until I went through the photos later that night. Makes you want to smile or cry or do both.

Join in and share your "Hands On" Photos!



10 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh wow! What a moment to capture!

Anonymous said...

breath taking...

Briana said...

What a fabulous memory you've captured. It's wonderful that you've frozen this moment that typically goes by in such a flurry.

Courtney Brake said...

This is an amazing picture.. so precious ♥

Jenny said...

Wow! Amazing that you have this memory...what a great shot!

Carrie said...

Gorgeous!

mindy m. said...

wow this gave me goosebumps. What an amazing moment that you captured..and those hands..doing one of the most honored jobs in the world. Wow!

Mindy

Sharon said...

Yes, amazing. This is one of my favorites for this challenge. Wow I hope you win....you deserve it for being right there at the perfect moment to get the sweetest shot.

Anita Johnson said...

What a beautiful collage of hands...perfect photo!

The Daily Bee said...

Thank you so much for your comments. This was one of those shots where I was in the right place at the right time. I love those unplanned ones! :)