Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I love you Disney

I came across an old Disney video of an attraction that was removed a long time ago... Can I go down memory lane for this post? I must share this with you because if you haven't seen Captain EO, took a trip on the People Mover or sat through The Country Bear Jamboree... you missed out.

My Disneyland
I grew up at Disneyland. Literally. I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again. My mom and dad bought us passes ever year growing up. We would go 2 to 3 times a week. Sometimes after school for dinner and one ride or show. We usually went on Pirates of the Caribbean, the Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World, saw The Country Bears or Captain EO after dinner at the French Market or The Blue Bayou, Our favorite restaurant.

I miss the good ol' days of Captain EO. I remember sitting in the theater with my 3D classes on, peeking through as the scary parts came on and trying to touch the little animals as they came up to your face. It was always cold in the theater and when we left I always had a good "the world is right" feeling. Even to this day I can hear the ending song and feel warm and fuzzy. I think it was the idea of evil conquering good ( <-My sister pointed this out... lol) GOOD conquering EVIL... I'm sure it had nothing to do with *Michael Jackson.
Part 1

Part 2


The people mover was also another great attraction that I miss!


The Country Bear Jamboree... sigh... I miss it so much! Why oh why did they have to stop this?
Part 1


What were some of your favorite past time or present time Disney rides, attractions and restaurants? I'm curious to know...

1 comment:

Queen Catherella said...

I miss America Sings and America the Beautiful with the Theater in the Round!

Both amazing attractions!