Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Exciting Mail...

Coming home from a long day out shopping to find this in the mail...

I knew what it was right away! I hadn't been looking for it since my mind has been somewhere else these past few weeks, but looking at the writing and the name, I knew it was from Dee.

For those of you that don't know who "Dee" is, she is an incredible author in the Christian Fiction world. Her books are well written and her characters come to life off the pages. I've had the pleasure of getting to know her over the past couple of years and helping out in her chat room as a moderator. This package is sent to all three moderators as a perk for helping out. I think I have the better end of the deal for sure!

This is what was inside...


Her new book comes out in June, but she gets ARC's (Advanced Readers Copy) and sends them out and does a giveaway on her blog.

Now this will come as a shocker to all you that know how much I LOVE to read. I haven't read a fictional book since November! Gasp. Yes, November. I've been wanting to read and I have new books sitting on my shelf calling my name, but I was trying to finish a devotional book that was very deep, therefore it took a lot longer to read. I'm still not finished, but I made the "mistake" of opening and reading the first chapter of A Bride in the Bargain... and I was hooked.

I truly feel sorry for all the Dee fans that have to wait until June. I've already got a line forming for my ARC... It.Is.Good. VERY GOOD!

And one thing that just made me giggle right off the bat, there is a character that talks just like my blogging buddy, Becky's toddler son. What's even funnier... it's an elderly lady. You'll be laughing out loud!

So what did I think of the book? One of Deeanne Gist's BEST yet! And one of the BEST books I've read. GOOD STUFF!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Becky said...

SO CRAZY JEALOUS!!

I'm so excited to know there is amother "Bride" book! Lol on the likeness to Judah.

Tamera Alexander has another book out, too...it was so good I read it straight through without stopping, and got to bed really really late that night. There is a girl with a purple dress on the cover, but I can't for the life of me remember the title off the top of my head (and the kids are all napping, so I don't dare sneak into my room to get it or risk waking one of them up).

The Daily Bee said...

Seriously Becky, everytime the woman was in a scene I pictured Judah. lol

Sounds like you're talking about the Inheritance. There's been a lot of talk about it in the chat room. I'm going to pick it up and see what all the fuss is about. =)

Shauna said...

Becky - I just added that book to my Amazon wish list! Can't remember the name either, but I'm super excited!

Deb - REALLY?! THE BEST YET?! Whoo-hoooo! I can't even imagine a book better than Bride, or Lady! June is going to take forever to get here.