Thursday, July 03, 2008

My Brother The Bum

"Will work for food!"

Well, it's happened. I predicted that this this day would come here.

I told the story of my brother having to fetch gas after my dad forgot they needed gas. I also mentioned that I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to hand him money considering the condition of his work clothes. Covered with urethane, rips and holes from the chemicals. When he's in his work clothes he actually looks a little like Smee from Peter Pan... without the high rise shirt.



It happened today!

My brother works for my dad and they carpool together. My dad had to rush to the hospital to be with my Gramps (another story for another post) and of course, my hypochondriac brother did not want to go.

My mom, sweet mom, offered to pick him up by the freeway so my dad wouldn't have to go out of his way.

Anyhoo, there's my brother, waiting by the side of a busy street, he sees my mom pull up in her luxurious car, known to us as the Black Widow.

Before he can head over, a couple pulls up next to him and pulls down their window. Out comes the woman's hand with some money.

My brother says, "Oh... no thank you."

She was confused, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." He quickly moves to get in my mom's car.

My brothers a bum... at least to be general public.
::
Update 7/03
Apparently today is April 1st and no one sent me the memo. I guess gullible is my middle name.

-Daily B-

4 comments:

Barb said...

Fun, funny photo! (Of your brother, I mean!)

Becky said...

Hilarious! (Except the part about your grandpa! Praying He's doing okay.)

Loved the comparison to Smee~lol!

Becky said...

Hilarious! (Except the part about your grandpa! Praying He's doing okay.)

Loved the comparison to Smee~lol!

Queen Catherella said...

This is the cleverest thing my brother has done to date... ha ha ha ha... man we were rolling on the floor laughing during the story and even more when we found out it was a hoax! ha ha ha!!! Good One Peter!