Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's all about the food

Last night we went to the OC fair. Fun Fun Fun! It was jam packed; we had to walk a mile to get to one of the gates. I kept telling myself, this is how I am going to be able to stuff my face. Walk it off before and after. A big group of us went and stayed together pretty much the whole time. Not an easy task since the place was crawling with people. Our first stop was dinner, The One Pound Bun. I stood in line where it said, "Get your buns in line here" and waited for my garlic and cheese 1/2 pound bun.

While everyone else finished their food my mom and I went to check out the Mexican Funnel Cake. Instead of normal funnel cake batter, this was made with a churro! One of my favorite desserts. One guy ordered the jumbo, it was so big it wouldn't fit through the window. We ordered the regular which was about 1/3 the Jumbo... We split this between 8 people!


By this time we were getting full, but I was determined to have a cinnamon roll. We went into Building 10, known as the Product building. You can find anything from tortilla warmers to diamonds in here.

I ate my cinnamon roll so fast that I forgot to take a picture. Trust me, it looked good and tasted good.

I walked past this sign and felt nauseous...

Fried Avocados, Fried Frog Legs, Fried Twinkies, Fried Pop Tarts, and the worst, Fried Spam!!! Who in their right mind would eat some of this. Frog legs, maybe.

I saw a sign that said Cheese Curds and ran over to buy some. Never tasting this before, I didn't know what to expect but they were so good! I ate a few and then passed them on to everyone else who said, "what's this?". Cheese curds aren't to common in the OC.

I didn't get to see any of the theme demonstrations, cheese making, cheese tasting, cheese everything. We will be heading back to gain another 5 pounds.

(My sister-in-law and I)

-Daily B-

1 comment:

Becky said...

EWwwwww...frog legs. Ugh.

Never have seen the Churro funnel cakes, but my boys LOVE those, so I'm sure if we'd gone, we'd have gotten the same thing.

And the cheese curds. LOVE cheese curds. They have those at the Minnesota State Fair. MMmmm.

For me, the fair is all about the food, too...and then touring the arts and crafts buildings and seeing the demonstrations on how to make things. Card wool. All that good stuff. It's especially fun when you ENTER something in the fair. THe year I did that I was on pins and needles...and I earned a couple of ribbons.