Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Changes

I've had a really interesting past two weeks. We did my sister's bridal shower on Friday night, Girls night out on Saturday night and her last service at church on Sunday. A little overwhelming for my heart. Everyday I think, "This is my sister's last Saturday night here", "This is our last time going to church together"... so many changes about to take place. I won't even try to fake it and say, "I'm fine". I've been a wreck. A big bawling baby. How else should I feel? My best friend and the closest person to me is moving 2000 thousand miles away. Being a creature of habit, I feel horrible and a little lost.
- - - - - - -
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
- Arnold Bennett
- - - - - - -

My standard answer to, "Oh, poor Deborah. What are you going to do?" is "I'll survive". I smile and walk away as quickly as possible. The second thing I've heard, "So Deborah, you're next". I'm next? My answer to them is, "No. Don't want to be." I smile and walk away again while they look shocked. =)

If you were a fly on the wall with my sister and I you would find us arguing and fighting 85% of the time and laughing and carrying on the rest of the time. That's what sisters do. You'd think I'd want the separation but that's not the case.

If it were up to me, I'd tie her down or find a way to give her the biggest guilt trip. lol But I can't find a way and I know that neither of those would work in the end because life goes on. I can't stop it and to tell you the truth, life would be miserable if it listened to me. ;)
- - - - - - -

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
- - - - - - -

So, there you have it. A little insight into my dealings with changes. Get ready because I can guarantee this will be harder next week and I'll probably use you as a soundboard! Whether you like it or not... ;)

4 comments:

Becky said...

So I was reading through my Google reader randomly, and saw that exit picture, and kind of chuckled. "That would be a good one for Deb." Then I looked up and realized it WAS your blog, lol.

Girlfriend, I know these changes are big ones...and that the adjustment is going to be rough initially, but I've said it before...it's going to bring with it wonderful NEW changes, too.

Hang in there, woman. Look for what the Lord is getting ready to do here, because it always seems that big changes sort of position you for blessings.

I remember feeling at loose ends at age 17, wondering what to do with my life after my trust fund for college was depleted by someone who was supposed to be keeping it for my college. I literally cried out to the Lord one of those desperate prayers, "What do you want from me, Lord? Because I don't know. Show me. Help me to see." The Lord set into motion a big cross country move. Then a dead-end job for a year, then, while on the way to work at that job one morning, I heard a radio advertizement for the Christian college I eventually went to. Which was where I met Jeff, and so on. Changes often led to blessings.

You'll see, Deb. It could be that had things continued on in the same 'comfortable' way...you might not have been open to what was in store for you next. Be watching and waiting!

The Daily Bee said...

Thank you, Becky... for listening and encouraging me!

Queen Catherella said...

Hi Deb! (from 2000 miles away!!)
I finally just read this and you have me crying here in my office. I guess it's a good thing I'm the only one here!

I know it's a big change, and believe me, I've done a lot of smiling on the outside, crying on the inside this week. So just remember that even though I'm here and you are there, we are going to through it together.

The thing I miss the most is having the ability to be physically close by. Watching TV with you leaning on me or driving to and from work together. But it's okay because we will always have those memories and nothing or no one can take that from us!!

Okay, now I am all red and puffy at work (you know how I look when that happens!!!! LOL)

Love you!! Thanks for the beautiful, wonderful things you said in this blog post!!!

LOVE your Big Sister!!
Cat

The Daily Bee said...

Aw! You've got me crying. =)This week is turning out to be not as bad as I anticipated... of course today is an exception with losing Scot and all. :(

LOVE YOU!