Tuesday, August 05, 2008

On The Mend

Things have been so crazy this past week. It seems like I'm always on the go, picking up where my mom left off before she went into the hospital is not easy. Working a full day then coming home and making sure the house is in order, shopping and making sure she stays down!

I have to give her credit though, she's been cooperating with doctors orders. I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to keep her from trying to do what she normally does and keep her away from household chores and life in general. She showed us that she is able to slow down and take care of herself. Thank God!

The surgeon gave her the okay today to go to Vegas for the weekend for my cousin's wedding. She is very happy and looking forward to getting out of the house.

As for me, I feel so much better this week than I did last week. I had moments where I didn't think I could make it, dramatic, yes. I fretted and worried and just wore myself out. So much so that I lost 4.5 pounds! Maybe I should worry more. Hmm.

I put together a little slide show of things that were interesting in the hospital... Okay, so it's not too thrilling to watch but I wanted to document it for years to come. Kinda like an electronic scrapbook going on here.


5 comments:

Jenster said...

I'm glad your mom is on the mend and that she gets to go to Vegas. Praise God!

I love your slide show!

Becky said...

Awww, you're such a good daughter, taking such good care of your mom!

The Worry Diet, lol. "Worry yourself thin. Just become a neurotic worrywort for one month, and you, too, can lose that stubborn 20 pounds..."

What I want to know is with a son like Judah (and his worrisome stunts of late)...how come this plan hasn't worked for me, lol?

The Daily Bee said...

Thanks Jenster!

Becky - You of all people should benefit from the "worry diet" lol. The stunts that Judah's been pulling would make me sweat a puddle. Haha!

Queen Catherella said...

Sweat a Puddle! HA HA HA HA! I love it! Jeez I know, the worry diet helps us lose weight, but alas, also helps me gain more gray hair... it's a catch 22...

great pictures! (well in spite of the circumstance!)

btw... I crocheted 3 scarves that day! A great way to pass the time...

Purely Sony said...

The Worry Diet doesn't work for me either, on the contrary, if anything it makes me eat more! That is so not fair!

I like the pictures too. I am so glad that mom is doing way better and she was able to go to Vegas and have some fun.