Tuesday, February 27, 2007

God Is Not Enough..?

I read a Blog posting today that was titled "God is not enough"and I was startled, this is so contrary to what I have always believed and been told, so I decided to read the blog and understand where the writer was coming from...

She noted that in Genesis, before God created the women, it was just Him and Adam. They communicated, decided things... But God wasn't enough.

He created women as a friend, helpmate. He knew that man needed someone else of their own kind to make it. "It is not good for man to be alone."

Without human contact we cannot be what God has planned for us to be. We wouldn't be able to function correctly.

In our own "little minds" we believe that we need someone else, God is not enough. He is enough. He can be whatever we want him and need him to be, but He is such an awesome God that he knows and cares how we feel. He knows we feel like we need more, this is why (I believe) he made a friend and helpmate for Adam. It was a gift, a way of coping in this earthly vessel.

I am thankful for my friends and family that help me to function the way God has made me too.

No comments: