Monday, October 06, 2008

Saturdays Events & Then Some

::Wedding::

I had a busy weekend! Friday night I removed leaves and thorns from who knows how many roses and worked all morning Saturday putting together decorations for a reception. My Pastor's eldest son got married on Saturday, a little bittersweet since he is like a little brother to me. The wedding was beautiful, food excellent and the decorations so chic. He married a beautiful girl that recently moved to our church. Below are a few pictures that I took...



Groom's Cake

My Pastor's youngest - Colton (aka Coco)
Beautiful Bride - Kaitlyn


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::Candy Kid::


My Nephew, Cristian, came over on Saturday night to spend some time with his aunties and Nana. The kid is a riot. He is so entertaining, endless entertainment!


This may be Cristian overkill but I can't help but share his antics that make me laugh so hard i cried.


:Singing with Auntie Cat aka Auntie Cacky aka Nana aka Meow:


Cristian has his own names for everyone. He had trouble figuring out what to call my sister, Catherine. He would say Cacky and sometimes Nana. To make it easier on him, we told him to call her Cat but he kept saying, "meow". LOL

::

My mom always has candy in her purse, pockets, anywhere she can hide it. All the kids at church know that Nana will always have candy, "Candy, Nana, Candy?

Cristian found her stash of candied mints and of course, Nana couldn't resist his, "pweee".


:BOOK :
I just finished book three of the Lowlands of Scotland Series by Liz Curtis Higgs. I cannot say enough about these books. I am so late in reading these and wish I hadn't put it off. Incredible story based on the biblical account of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah. If you haven't read these yet, I suggest you click here and buy ALL four. I am waiting for Book 4 to show up on my doorstep...

5 comments:

Jenster said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding. The cakes are awesome. I'll have to show them to Katie when she gets home because she looooves wedding cakes.

I couldn't get the videos to run. :o(

Such awesome books...

The Daily Bee said...

I love wedding cakes too, does Katie watch "Amazing Wedding Cakes" on WE? If she likes cakes she would love this show.

I fixed the videos, they should be good to go now.

Queen Catherella said...

Everytime i watch those videos, it just cracks me up... that boy is hilarious!!!

You could do a whole blog just of Cristian's Adventures.....

You guys did a great job at the wedding.... ugh, i know how much work you did and it makes me sore just thinking about it!!!

The Daily Bee said...

He is so funny. I never tire of playing with him.

"Ah-ah-oooo - Pthooth!"

Purely Sony said...

What a busy and fun weekend...my fingers finally stop hurting on Monday after all those thorns. I felt so bad for you Deb, I kept saying your poor nails..haha! The wedding was beautiful and I loved her Dress!

Cristian is soooo cute!! He is one of the funniest kids I know! :-)