Friday, June 20, 2008

A Different Feeling

It's coming soon, before we know it. The feeling of expectancy is in the air.

Prepare the way for the Groom.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see
him... -
Revelations 1:7 A


I awoke this morning much earlier than I needed to, but I couldn't shake the feeling of something different. I could feel it and tried to comprehend what it was... My mind begin to drift and the thought popped in my head, "Today could be the day that God comes back for his people." A day that we have waited for, a day that almost seems will never happen.

Could it be today? Could He be coming to take us home? The feeling of hope and fear mixed stirs within me. Are we ready? Have we done what we needed to do?


I feel far from ready, everyday. I fall so short of what I think I should be as a person, as a child of God. Examining yourself is never fun, but the outcome is so rich.

My prayer today is that He would examine me and make me ready. Take away the fear of the unknown and help me to prepare for Him.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. - Psalm
26:2

It won't be long now... Maybe today?

-Daily B-

5 comments:

Becky said...

And to think...we're 2,000 years closer to it happening now than Jesus' closest disciples were.

At any moment...a truly exciting prospect!

His Girl said...

today would be fabulous!

The Daily Bee said...

What a day that will be!

Jenster said...

The thought it could happen at any moment is, as you say, exciting and scary all at the same time. Foolishly, I want my family to be together when it happens. Like it's really going to matter at that moment. But that's what I get for thinking like a human. lol

The Daily Bee said...

Me too! I don't know why we feel like that, maybe it has something to do with security. Funny.

I remember has a kid I had a plan for when I felt that it was close, I was planning on being around my mom or dad and making sure I was quick enough to grab hold of their clothes and just go with them. lol.