Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Party


A group of us at church always get together for dinner at each others homes and go out on Sundays after church. We decided to do a secret Santa gift exchange this year. We got together on Saturday night at my home and had tons of yummy food and played games. We did a "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Mad lib. You can click here and do one yourself. You can see just how hilarious these turned out. Someone hung some mistletoe and all the couples kept trying to sneak their way in.

I made two pesto pizza, both were gone in a matter of minutes. Everyone should taste this at some point in their lives! =) I've mentioned before that I rarely follow recipes and when I do I always end up missing something. I do all my cooking by "looking and guessing". Here is the recipe:

PESTO:
Handful of fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts
2 tbs of crumbled feta
4-5 artichoke hearts (canned in water)
3 Tbs of Fresh Parmesan
approx. 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients except for olive oil in a food processor. Slowly poor in olive oil. Should be a little thicker than marinara sauce
*******************************
PIZZA and TOPPINGS:
Digorno pizza crust (not frozen)
1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
Pesto
1 can of artichoke hearts, halved (in water, not oil)
Feta cheese
Fresh Parmesan
Toasted pine nuts
Cook Pizza crust on 450 for about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and add toppings. Rub oil over the top and add pesto. Add toppings, as much to your liking.

Put in the oven for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and put under a broiler for 2-3 minutes.
*****************************

After we had our tummy's full we went out to look at lights. There is this neighborhood close to my home that is all decked out. We walked for a little bit until we were all about to freeze and opted for the cars instead.
KISSING under the mistletoe


Peter laughing at his own Madlib

Scary Snow Dolls Catherine writing a letter to Santa






YIKES! I knew that I would make a blunder... I forgot to add 3 cloves of garlic to the list of ingredients for the pesto. 3 minced cloves.

3 comments:

Jenster said...

Looks like fun!! And thanks for the delicious recipes!

I'm so stealing the Mad Lib idea. My Home Team (Ladies' Bible Study Group) Christmas brunch is Friday morning and this would be a blast to do.

Purely Sony said...

It was fun! The Mad Lib was funnny! :-)

I've got to say, Deb's Pesto Pizza is one of my favorite foods. I even put it on my christmas list! I want a whole pizza to myself, I love it! :-O)

Queen Catherella said...

The couples snuck under the mistletoe? more like DRAGGED under the mistletoe.. well except for one exception... they could have parked themselves there all night!!!

I didn't get any PIZZA!!! whaaaaaaaa......