Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Everlasting Place

The past couple of months I've filled myself with uplifting music about the greatness of God, His love, mercy, grace and care for me. The moment I get settled in at work each morning, I turn on my music - "Blessed in the City" "You're Grace is Enough" "From the Inside Out" "Mighty to Save" "I'd Rather Have Jesus"... this music rings in my ears all day long and gets me through the days. Sometimes I am so moved at my desk that I feel it bubbling inside me to the point that I just want to have some church right there!

I was listening to one of my playlist from long ago and heard the words from an old song by Nikki Leonti. I listened to this song over and over as a teenager. For some reason today it spoke to me and I heard things that I'd hadn't heard before. It became new and fresh and made my soul long for that Everlasting Place.

I can see beyond
The meadows and the fields
I can see forever
I can tell you now
That His love is real
And holding me together
And I won't tell you that
Life is always easy
But I've found better days
Waiting there for me
:::::
I can't count how many times I've seen dark days that seemed like they would never end. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. But it always, always came to end. God never left me there. There were always better days around the corner.
Don't you wanna come with me
To an everlasting place
No tears And no pain
Forever we'll remain
Forever in the arms of love
Sheltered in the wonders of
Such a beautiful place
It's an everlasting place
::::
When you're in the middle of the dark days, it's so easy to forget that it's all for a purpose. This is only temporary. One day soon those dark days will be over... forever. No tears and pain? Can you imagine that?
If it's hurting you
Choices that you've made
Regret is your companion
Just lift your eyes and pray
He'll receive you now
You are not abandoned
I don't care about
Things you used to do
Cause I see better days
Are waiting there for you
::::
One thing I choose to remember, no matter how far I fall, how far I drift, how much I ignore Him - He stand waiting with open arms. Ready to wipe away all the wrong and let me start new and fresh. What a loving God we have!
My soul has one goal. To see this Everlasting Place, to get everything I can out of the dark days and be forever with the One who picked me up more times than I could count.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Becky said...

Isn't it great how we can be ANYwhere, and still be ushered right into the Lord's presence through worship?