Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


I love this time of the year! It's the beginning of the holiday season, a season when everything is rushed and peaceful all at the same time.

I am home stuffed with turkey, ham, stuffing, yams, biscuits... stuffed. I feel so comfy and for once my home is quite. My brother and sister-in-law are gone with her family for the night and my little brother is out with friends, and my sister is MIA. So, I cuddled up on the couch at watched Project Runway (good show by the way). Tomorrow will be a very busy day. I am teaching a morning bible study with my older brother and then coming home to our own family Thanksgiving dinner. No early morning shopping for me... I've convinced myself that I would rather pay full price than fight the crowds.

Now onto the the important stuff... being thankful. Often we forget to even remember to give thanks on this day or any other day for that matter. I woke up this morning thinking of all the things that have happened this year. Here are a couple that I am extra thankful for.

~My Sister-in-law Sonia. As of 11/25/06 she was officially a "Bing" =). She is one of my best friends, my sister, and my boxing bag. I can be pretty rough on her, but she is a Godsend. She puts up with me and encourages me. Gives me her ear and shoulder when needed. And she lets she plunk her in the head every now and than to get the frustration out. =) Thank God for her!

~My Dad. He's been through a lot and WOW! That's all I can say. Wow! God has been good and I am forever thankful for what He's done.

These are two major things that I am thankful for this year. It's a given that I am thankful for this life I have, for my entire family, siblings and mother (who is the greatest women alive).

To all my blogging buddies: You all have made my life richer! I have so much fun with you all! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

I do give thanks to my God, He is mentioned last because He is the one to who my thanks above are really for. He's given me everything and made everything happen. I trust him wholeheartedly more this year than any other time. He the source of all the good in this life!

Thank you God!



4 comments:

Jenster said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm so with you on the Black Friday thing. No thank you! I'd much rather sleep in and hang out here away from the crowds.

We all have so much to be thankful for, don't we? And every day, not just once a year. Especially God's plan of salvation. What an awesome gift!

Becky said...

Amen, sister Deb! So much to be thankful for, indeed.

It'd have to be one heckuva good deal to get me out of my house amidst all those crowds today. I mean, the savings would have to pay for my gas there, lunch, and then still have some left over.

Barb said...

I drove into town today at 4 a.m. to babysit for my faux granddaughter so her mom could do the Black Friday thang. Now I'm payin' for it (uber tired), tho her mom brought me a box of Godiva truffles for the trouble. We'll see if I remember the fatigue or the truffles more at this time next year....
Happy Thanxgiving Deb!!!!

Purely Sony said...

I love you too Deb! I am so thankful for you as well. Thank you!

I could go for some stuffing right now...it was a yummy Thanksgiving! :-)