Tuesday, February 12, 2013

She said goodbye to her 20's

This may be the most belated post ever, but I've been wanting to document special events on my blog and this is one of them.

On February 5th my sis-in-law, Sonia, said goodbye to her 20's and hello to her 30's. we celebrated with a birthday dinner on her actual birthday at CPK, quick and a bit hectic since we all had a meeting to attend that night.

Two days later, we gathered together and my mom and I cooked some of Sonia's favorite foods.

-Stuffed mushrooms (one bite if pure creamy, salty, cheesy goodness - pic below)
-Veggie medley (seriously the best, sweet, salty - corn, bell peppers, onion, sugar)
-Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
-Chicken Cordon Bleu' (My mom has been making this for years, one of her most requested foods. It's am-a-zing)
-Red Velvet Cake and cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream frosting (chocolate, creamy goodness! I tried a new frosting recipe and loved it!)

I'm not far behind Sonia in saying hello to my 30's :( but I'm so glad she's gone before me, makes it a little less scary. lol

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday to my sis! I love her!








No comments: