Monday, January 21, 2013

A special night

The big 4-0 Anniversary celebration for mom and dad was one of the best yet. I rambled on about not being about to do a big party / banquet but this little gathering of our immediate family (not all with my Sister, her hubby and their son not here) at one of the parents favorite restaurants was perfect. I even talked everyone in to getting a group picture (it was like gathering toddlers with the way the men were trying to skip it). Afterwards we went back to the house and we had a special thing planned with my sister, her hubby and their son FaceTiming in. Lots of tears, it was perfect and exactly what my family is about. Close knit, emotional and heartfelt. That's us.

We served cake and sat around having a good ok' time - the night could not have been better for two of the most amazing people on this earth.

"The older I get, the less time I want to spend with the part of the human race I didn't marry." - Robert Brault











No comments: